"Eight km Laurel" Quest
Taupo, New Zealand
Box and clues by Team Psychokiwi, stamp by Steve, Heidi, and Madras
Supplies: picnic, togs, compass. All optional.
Difficulty: easy drive-by, but can also be incorporated
into a longer hike. Kid and dog friendly.
- It's bigger than a cove, but smaller than a gulf.
- Who uses imperial measures these days!
- If coming from the south, ignore the first sign then go skiing in the ski lane.
- Go to the car park.
- Fine a solitary picnic table near a pond (may be dried out) to the east
of the car park (between car park and highway).
- To the east of the picnic
table are 4 clumps of shrubs.
- Find the northernmost clump (as you face the highway it is the left
- At the north end of the clump under the tree is a large rock with a large
- The box is in this cavity covered by a chunk of pine bark.
Status: box check A-OK March 2005. Clues updated because box needed to be
moved (someone chopped down the pine trees!).
Please email us if the box needs
Thursday, 29 November 2007 09:20 PM